A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

drug sick

nausea. vomiting. chills. sweats. the shakes. my first day without morphine has been extremely uncomfortable. my friend mel, who knows all about chronic pain and opiate withdrawal came by to offer some moral support today. twice during our visit, i had to run to the bathroom to vomit, which was so humiliating, but mel simply offered me a wet cloth for my forehead, and urged me to try and get something in my stomach.

i can't imagine how difficult a cold turkey withdrawal must be. this process is taking everything out of me, and i'm still not done tapering my medicine. i keep telling myself it will pass, but it can't happen soon enough.

i hate pills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home