A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Baby Lucy has been found!

In Ethiopia, archeologists found the remains of a 3 year old girl that date back 3.3 million years. They say it is the first child to be found that walked upright, and climbed trees; she has both ape and human features in her skull, hands, torso and upper and lower limbs. I gotta say, I think this is huge. Score another point for evolution.

Part of me wishes that I had faith in a god somewhere out there. I remember praying as a youngster and having the feeling that someone was listening and watching over me. As an adult, there have been countless times that I have literally hit my knees in tears, and never felt a thing. Part of the reason I question myself and the world the way I do, is because I don't know why I'm here. Why is anyone here? Should I care? Does it matter? As long as I'm trying to figure out my own truths, learn my own lessons and be a good person, does it make a difference if I go to church on Sundays or not? Logically the answer is no. Some of the most genuine, generous, intelligent people I know don't believe in god. Yet, some of the most hypocritical and ignorant people I've ever met swear by their faith.. I don’t even need to get into the wars and other atrocities carried out in god’s name.

Here in good old America, there is no such thing of separation of church and state. Look at the conservative party. Most of them are god fearing folk who want a savior for a president. But how many politicians out there are corrupt and have egregious agendas? All I can do is shake my head as an observer. The old cliché pops into my head. Can’t we all just get along?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home