A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Passionate Pissing Contest Season

It is that time of year again. Football season is upon us. I live with a fanatic; he loves college and pro football, and every year he orders a special package with DirectTV, and we go tailgaiting early in the chilly fall mornings. I have learned to respect the sport, and take somewhat of an interest in it. But it's always a jolt to the system when the first Notre Dame game is on(that would be tonight against Georgia Tech), and the boys overrun the house. The passion these guys have for their sports is a little much, but who am I to talk? I love my computer and my internet. I spend a lot of time on here, and it's something I love to do. I guess the difference is that Aaron's interest in football is something he can share with others. The internet is sort of my isolationist way of reaching out.

Since the guys have been here since this afternoon, I've had a chance to chill out with everyone. But the later the hour gets, the louder they get. No one is drinking heavily, they are all just naturally loud. Although I generally get along with the opposite sex better, I'm still in unfamiliar territory when it comes to their passion for sports. From the trash talking to the screams and groans, I just don't get it. Men say women are loud in a group, but I think men are noisier hands down.

As I type, one of them just yelled out ' ohhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh eeeeeeeeeeeeee.' I'm notkidding. Now, during the commercial, I hear the jingling of dice, just barely over the barrage of voices. A lot of cuss words are being uttered, in ways I've never thought of before. Has anyone
ever heard of a 'shit fuck?'

Getting an education.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home