A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sweet! Our First Anniversary







Aaron and I celebrated our one year anniversary on October 1st. Actually, we spent the entire weekend celebrating... We agreed no gifts or expensive meals because we're going to Florida at the end of the month, but as usual, my darling didn't follow his own rules. Not that I have any complaints... We went out for dinner Friday night, and Saturday we laid low, cuddling up and watching our favorite movies. There was a knock on the door, just as we were getting comfortable on the couch, and I was sure it was one of his friends, coming over to watch football. I grumbled something about disrespect, and turned around to see Aaron holding a beautiful arrangement of long stemmed roses. That was enough, in and of itself, but wait, there's more. Sunday, he took me to brunch and when we got home, I was presented with a gift bag... I protested, telling him that I really DIDN'T get him anything, and I felt like he was being too generous. Well, he just smiled and told me to open up my gifts.

Inside was a $200 purse that I had been drooling over, and unable to afford, as well as a necklace that I had been eyeing up for six months. He blew me away. I cried Friday, Saturday, and Sunday... and not because I was unhappy. Somehow this man never fails to surprise me, always puts my interests firsts, and will do anything to put a smile on my face. It's not even about the money he spent. It's that he wanted me to know how special I am to him, and how much he loves me.

I love you Aaron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home