A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Study Break

I spent a large chunk of time studying yesterday, took my practice tests, and scored an 80 on one and an 86 on the other. All I need to pass is a 70. I was thrilled- I was getting the information down! This morning I woke up and took a set of final practice tests on life and health and scored horribly- a 64 on one and a 61 on the other...

Can you say discouraged?? I couldn't believe it. I'm taking a break, because if I don't, I know I will just become more anxious and agitated than I already am. The test isn't until Tuesday afternoon, so I'm not out of time, and I know the areas I need to review. It's just that I want to pass this test the first time around so badly so that I can get on with my life. But in the same vein, the more pressure I put on myself, the more my nerves will act up and my mind will block out the information.

I must stay calm and relaxed. I know myself, and my attitude corresponds directly with my performance. No defeatism! If I walk into the test site on Tuesday filled with apprehension and fear, it's likely that I won't do well. If, on the other hand, I walk in there confident in my abilities and my knowledge of the material, I'll fare much better.

So again, here are my affirmations that I'm telling myself over and over.

I am intelligent
I will pass this test
I am confident
I am relaxed
I am prepared
I can do whatever I put my mind to.

If only my mind wasn't so used to sabotaging itself. It's just a learning process. If I keep at it, I'll get it. Right??!!

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM , Blogger 2 Dollar Productions said...

Grace under pressure is the key to any exam as you obviously know the material.

Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home