A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

New Direction... Same Old Story

I've joined a site called www.writing.com. It's an aspiring writer's haven and I'm excited about it. My goal is to start putting the pieces of my story in order, so I can get some feedback and some organization!

I wrote this poem, and so far, it's been getting good reviews. Wow. It's such a simple piece, I wasn't expecting much at all. Now, I know this is sort of a downer poem. But it was written for a reason, and captured my feelings at the time.



The Thief

Like a flower without sunshine, sadness keeps me from blossoming.

Like a hot and heavy blanket, depression comforts me yet holds me hostage.

I'm not just the sum of my demons and my mistakes.
Or am I?

The colors, the sounds, the feelings that used to tease my senses are gone.

Everything is gray and muted.

The silence is deafening.

I walk this lonely road, thinking no one else can feel my pain.

Selfishly wallowing in misery.

Tormenting myself
Lambasting myself.

Stupid.Useless.Abnormal.Bothersome.Ugly.Empty.Needy.Lonely.

A desperate need for change.
The only thing that stands in the way

is
me.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home