A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Monday, August 14, 2006

An Ode to Pat Kelly

I knew a guy in college who was notorious for being the funny, drama dude who liked to smoke pot. He was a red headed, freckled, irishman- who's name made his heritage obvious. Pat Kelly. One year on my birthday, my friends and I went to see his play. He and his best friend put on a surprisingly funny 2 man show. Afterwards, we all decided to go out and get wasted, and I swear, the guys never stopped being 'on.' It still is one of my best birthday memories to date. Anyway, Pat dropped out of college the next year to pursue his acting dream.

I remember seeing him hosting a gig on Canada's 'YTV' channel a few years back. I saw his buddy on 'Sesame Street,' around the same time. I happened to catch an AIG commercial today, and who do I see, but Pat Kelly, and his buddy doing what they do best- playing off each other. I used my tivo to rewind, like four times, just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. But I'd know those faces anywhere. The guys might not be superstars just yet, but they are doing what they love, and chasing the dream.

Today's blog is dedicated to the people that have the courage and the perserverance to dig their heels in and follow their hearts and dreams, as gooey and cliche as it sounds. People like you inspire me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home