A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Smile... as I grit my teeth

The sun isn't even up yet, but I am, icing my very sore neck, right shoulder and scalene muscles. I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I'm so scared to go back to work. If today is anything like yesterday, and the job continues to run me ragged, I don't know what I'll do. I don't want to be a quitter, but I was also given a very different idea about what my job would entail- and it wasn't taking on everyone else's scraps in addition to my own responsibilities. They knew when they hired me that I had a disability and couldn't handle a high pressure job. I found out yesterday that they go through receptionists like they go through toilet paper. Gee, I wonder why? Maybe if we weren't treated like mules, they would have a permanent secretary on staff.

But, I'll go in with a smile on my face, and pretend everything is fine, for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home