A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Friday, March 03, 2006

55 Things About Me

1. I consider myself an introvert, but if I know you well, I am me;loud and
quirky, self effacing and even a tad bit obnoxious.

2. I love me some reality tv. I’ll admit it. But I draw the line at 'The Bachelor' and 'The Biggest Loser'.

3. I get fits of giggles over the silliest things and can’t stop laughing ridiculously hard over dumb jokes or random thoughts.

4. I don’t consider myself a flirt, yet everyone tells me I am.

5. I used to be a stripper. No, wait, an exotic dancer. Oops, let the cat out of the bag there.

6. I have a small problem with organization and neatness. I try to be neat and clean, but my evil twin comes in and messes everything right up.

7. New Kids on the Block will always have a place in my heart.

8. I am an impatient driver. Someone is always going too slow.

9. My first celebrity crush was Kirk Cameron.

10. I have an immense distaste for Paris Hilton and Jessica Simpson. I think they give girls a very unhealthy image to look up to. Pretending to be dumb, or playing a ditz, is not cool.

11. My high school nickname was E.T. It stood for enormous tits. Nice, huh?

12. I can’t swim and have a fear of deep water, although I can handle the low diving board at the community pool. Lessons are on my to do list.

13. I have a bad habit of interrupting people when they speak. Especially my husband.

14. I am a clothes whore, and love to follow trends.

15. I am a cat person all the way.

16. I love the smell after a rainfall.

17. I don’t know html, and am dying to learn.

18. My parents split when I was 2, and have never uttered a kind word about each other since.

19. As much as I love long hair, I am just one of those people who looks better with short hair.

20. I always seem to pick the slowest lines at cash registers. It never fails.

21. I dance in front of the mirror often.

22. I refuse to believe that I’m not a good singer.

23. Movies? Anything, I’m a junkie. Indies are always my faves.

24. If I’m going to drink, it’s either wine or vodka.

25. My greatest fear is never achieving anything I dream of, and turning out bitter like my mom.

26. My biggest dream is to publish a memior.

27. My biggest regret is dropping out of college.

28. I hate to go a day without my internet.

29. I can be passive aggressive when I’m angry.

30. I was asked to pose for a “Hustler” magazine contest, but I chickened out. No regrets about that one.

31. I love chain restaurants, but Starbuck’s doesn’t hold a candle to small town coffee shops.

32. I’m a Scorpio, through and through.

33. I wear my emotions on my sleeve.

34. I love Dr. Phil.

35. I can be a green eyed monster called envy.

36. I believe in a combination of Nature and Nurture.

37. Sometimes I am completely reckless, manipulative or childish.

38. I am slowly learning to appreciate the NFL and PlayStation.

39. I care what people think about me. In fact, I can be downright obsessed with it.

40. I didn’t lose my virginity until I was 20.

41. I am a know it all.

42. I used to be a ‘cutter.’ I hate that term. I have scars on my arms and legs to remind me.

43. I take things for granted when I know better.

44. I hate the stigma that is attached to mental illness. I still feel ashamed telling people I struggle with depression and anxiety.

45. I was once diagnosed with Adult ADD. I took medication for it, and by god, the house was clean, my mind was clear. It made me sweaty and sleepless, so I nixed it.

46. I was an illegal alien in the US for 2 years.

47. Besides writing a book, I would love to get into psychology. I feel like those of us who have been to the depths of despair, addiction, and rage can offer a slightly different point of view.

48. My kitten is obsessed with the computer. She often chases the mouse onscreen and steps all over the keyboard when I’m at my desk.

49. I have yet to travel outside the US or Canada.

50. I have a hard time keeping close friendships.

51. I’m not huge into body art, but I like some. I have two tattoos, the Asian symbol for strength between my shoulder blades, and the symbol for beauty on my hip. I would like one more, but a little more exciting and original. I also have had nearly everything pierced at one point or another. All I have pierced now, are my nipples and my belly button.

52. I take things way too personally

53. I wish my mom and I had a friendly, mature relationship.

54. I love board games. I can kick anyone's ass at Scategories!

55. Christmas is my very favorite time of year. I don't know how I went without it for 2 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home