A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dedicated to Dubla

My husband is a huge South Park fan, but he has to bribe me to watch it with him. Once and a while I'll laugh at the statements the show makes, but most of it is tasteless garbage, in my opinion. (Actually, I'm sure garbage has a horrible taste, but that's neither here nor there.) This is for you, honey.

Isaac Hayes has voiced the character of Chef since South Park debuted. He has been let out of his contract due to his religious beliefs. Isaac was upset after a show that mocked Scientology ran, because he's a member of that group.The creators issued this statement: "This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientology," "He has no problem - and he's cashed plenty of checks - with our show making fun of Christians."
Isaac issued this statement: "There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins. Religious beliefs are sacred to people, and at all times should be respected and honored. As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices."[NME]

No more Chef? Who's next, doll,your beloved Cartman? ( I once told him he reminded me of Cartman when he's in certain moods, and he took it as a compliment. Silly boy.) As for the Scientology. Well, when the religion is founded by a science fiction writer, and Tom Cruise is lambasting Matt Lauer on tv about antidepressants, I can't help but think it screams crazy cult. Then again, I used to believe this shit- www.watchtower.org .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home