A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Feeling distraught, anxious, and needing a break from my last minute studying efforts, I came across a little book called 'Hope Happens!' After reading through it, I felt a sense of relief and warmth wash over me. So, for my own inspiration and anyone else out there who needs a little boost, I've pulled some quotes...

"Whether you believe you can or you believe you can't- you're right."
- Henry Ford

"Belief in ourselves is like a muscle- it is strengthened by constant and careful use."
-Catherine DeVyre

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."
-Sir Edmund Hillary

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

"The most difficult matter is not so much to change the world as yourself."
- Nelson Mandela

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"NEVER give in. Never. Never. Never."
- Winston Churchill

"No man fails who does his best."
- Orison Sweet Marden

"Our fears are more numerous than our dangers and we suffer more in our imagination than in reality."
- Seneca

"Fear is never a reason for quitting. It is only an excuse."
- Norman Vincent Peale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home