A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Itchy, Bug Infested Fun!


Despite a mild case of poison ivy that reared it's ugly head on Monday, Memorial Day Weekend was a lot of fun. The sun was shining, the weather was warm, and everyone welcomed us with open arms. My friend Christi came out on Saturday and spent the day sunbathing on the boat with me, and then it was just me and the guys for the rest of the weekend. I think I may have grown a temporary testicle because for the first time, the boys either didn't care, or were unaware of my female presence. I heard things I'd never even thought about before, and I have visual images now that won't go away. Make it stop!!!

We had the shittest, smallest, most run down *cabin* I've ever seen, and it was sandwiched between two new, beautiful condos up for sale. I thought about breaking in and squatting, but a B&E arrest wouldn't have been cool, lol. The place looked straight up like it had been taken from a horror movie. There was musty, orange and green 1960's furniture that had seen it's better days. Cobwebs were literally, everywhere we looked; in corners, on windowsills, behind pillows... Poison ivy weeds stuck through the wooden, ramshackle old enclosed porch- which was piled high with useless junk. Bugs were laying dead in dishes, in the shower... The water smelled like sulphur- I actually felt cleaner without a shower! We had lake access, but no dock, which made it um, interesting, to get into the boat. There was a steep sweeping staircase leading from the main road down to our cabin, and I'm amazed no one ended up in the hospital. It was rather comical. I, of course, overpacked, and poor Aaron and his buddies were sweating bullets and cursing my high maintenance. (Hey- most of it was for my neck. Ok, well, some of my stuff was for my neck. )

We've decided that for the 4th of July, even though this cabin was a fun romp through time and nature, that we're getting a hotel. With air conditioning, no bugs, no wall paneling, and no plants that make me itchy.

The countdown is on- only 6 days until we leave for Cancun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home