A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Pain, pain go away... Come again another day

I found an interesting little site called www.beliefnet.com and did a quiz out of mere curiosity. The faith(s) most appropriate for me, according to my answers are Secular Humanism and Unitarian Universalist... Interesting, considering I've looked at both and find myself intrigued by aspects of each. Jehovah's Witness and Roman Catholic were at the very bottom of the list, lol! Not a surprise there- I was never strong in my Catholic upbringing and disagree with a lot of their dogma. Since I just went on a rampage about the JW's yesterday, that was no shock either.

About a week ago I woke up with pain on my left side that mimics the pain I experience on my right side. I assumed I just slept funny and that I would be back to my 'normal' in a day or two, but the opposite seems to be the case. My pain levels have gone up steadily, and it worries me that I've got pain on both sides of my neck, back and shoulders, instead of just one side. I suppose it would make sense if the C6 C7 disk is causing the problems, but since I haven't had the damn nerve block yet, I wouldn't know! I see my neuro/pain doc tomorrow, so hopefully he will be able to enlighten me, although my faith in him is starting to wane. We leave for our honeymoon in less than 3 weeks, and I have to get this pain under control if I want to simply relax or do certain activities. I've decreased my pain meds considerably over the last 2 months... I'm sure the doc will want to up them again, and while I don't love the idea of going back up, if I can find a combination that works for me without the added side effects, I'd be satisfied. For now.

My head is throbbing as I write, so I'm going to go put on my futuristic looking tens unit and lay on some ice... There's more to life than pain management, I'm just having a hard time seeing beyond that at the moment.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 PM , Blogger KneuroKnut said...

I did the quiz too Alli and came up with the same results...secular humanism or unitarian universalist. Interesting...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home