A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Working Girl

It's back to work for this biatch. The experience will go hand in hand with the career I'm training for, but the pay is shit. However, it's only part time, and I need to gain some independence and try my hand as a member of the workforce again. I'm afraid, I won't lie. I don't want my body to fail me. It's been so long since I've held a 'real' job. However, I'm a quick learner, and this will be a good transition into my career as a HR consultant. It's only a 2 month gig, and then I move on to what I've been training for the last 3 months. I've got a wardrobe full of cute office attire, and the hope that working again will help me mentally and maybe even physically. I start a week from next Monday. It's still sort of surreal. I'm sure in 2 weeks it will have sunken in as I'm dragging my butt out of bed at 6 am.

The pain from the surgery is slowly starting to ease. They wanted me to start this Monday, but I need to allow a little more time for my nerves to heal. I'm sure it will be a big adjustment at first, but I'm doing my best to have faith that I'll get the hang of things before long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home