A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Girl's Night Out

For the first time in close to a year, I went out last night with the girls and stayed out until 4 am. It was supposed to be a quiet girls night of scrapbooking, and a little wine. Of course, when girls get together, they gossip, and sometimes, a little drama comes out of it. Last night was no exception. My good friend is going through a really rough patch with her boyfriend, and after a few too many glasses of wine, she decided to liberate herself, and cut her long hair short. It looked so adorable, and I was feeling good, so we went to her local haunt to show off the new 'do. I forgot what it was like to go out and have fun. It was such a blast. And long deserved. Maybe this is a sign that I'm getting better or the medication is helping. A month ago I couldn't fathom going out to a bar, much less until 4am. Last weekend I was whining because I couldn't make it up with the friends that were over at our house. But like the adorable Penelope Cruz says in Vanilla Sky, "Every passing second is an opportunity for change."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home