A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

I wake up every morning, hoping that the new day will be better than the day before. So far, I haven't been able to make it happen. This empty, hollowed out feeling just won't shake. I feel so alone. I keep willing the phone to ring, but it never does. I keep telling myself that this won't last, however every second feels like an hour.


Have you seen my smile?
I've lost it, it seems
Maybe it is hiding
Beneath my broken dreams

Have you seen my heart?
I can't feel it anymore
I'd rather see it shatter
On the kitchen floor

Have you heard my teardrops?
I tried to hold them in
Instead, like a thunderstorm
They overcame me again

I'm the queen of holding on
To things that have come and gone
Look into my eyes, and you will see
I'm the queen of misery

I can't reach out; no one's there
I tell myself that I don't care
In truth I know I need a friend
To stand by me until the end

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home