A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lazy Days

Florida was hot and beautiful. Our hotel in St. Petersburg overlooked a wildlife preserve, surrounded by a boardwalk and lush greenery. Every morning, with my mp3 player blaring, I took my walk. It was almost as if I wasn't in a city at all. I saw an alligator up close for the first time, watched turtles of all sizes swim in the murky water, and gazed at the birds with the brightly colored beaks as they fed their babies by mouth. I was in awe. Sadly, my digital camera broke, and I had to buy a cheap disposable, so I don't know how the few pictures I took will turn out.

After my walk, I'd usually head to the computer to feed my online addiction, and then out to the pool for some sun. The temperatures were in the high 80's all five days we were there, with few clouds in sight. I caught up on some reading as planned, but the majority of my time was spent on self reflection. Nights were spent ordering room service or going out to eat with Aaron. All in all it was very low key, and I savored every moment. I realized again just how blessed I am, even with all the baggage I carry and the negative habits I've developed. It's all about perspective, and being content with the things one does have.

I am on a journey. And I don't know exactly where it is leading me. But if I do the right things, and keep urging myself forward, I'm sure that I'll be ok.

There is a lot on my mind today, but for now, I'm going to keep it there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home