A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

PhD in Bullshit

The audacity!! Let me first say that in no way do I regret coming off of the painkillers. However, the doctor and his office who first set the ball in motion are just as difficult and rude as they were when I was threatened with detox.

I called in last week, to find out when the doctor wanted to evaluate me, since I was now off the meds. That was the plan- a new evaluation once free of opiates. Finally, today, (officially 3 weeks clean) Aaron called in to find out what the deal was, since my call hadn't been returned. Apparently, even though the doctor hasn't even seen me since he tried putting me into detox, he's decided that I don't need a new evaluation, but another cervical block. You mean to tell me that I went through hell, so that we could find out my baseline pain level and evaluate me, and now you're skipping that completely and shoving more needles in my spine???? That sounds completely fucking convoluted to me. This doctor kicks me out of his office 3 months ago telling me the only way I'll get off pain meds is by going to detox , and now suddenly he has decided on a treatment plan when he hasnt seen me since? That was NEVER what was discussed.

I didn't like this doctor before, and I sure as hell don't like him now. It is beyond frustrating. I want to kick some serious ass. And if I wasn't this measly 105 pound weakling, maybe I would:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home