A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

28 Days

I celebrate being 28 days free of painkillers today. I plan on getting sloshed tonight. No, seriously, I went to therapy, picked up some great books from the library, and have a walk planned for later.

Aaron and I have reached the point in our relationship where, in order for us to create a healthy, happy family, some things must change. It wasn't that I was unaware before, but it took a bottoming out for me to finally admit some things... Out of respect for the sanctity of our marriage I am not going to talk a whole lot about it, except to say that love has it's ups and downs. And we are simply on a whirlwind ride, with seatbelts fastened, ready to go forward.

I'm scrapbooking more, watching television less. Thinking instead of numbing. I've become quite attached to my digital camera, and often take it with me on walks. I've learned to embrace my walks- they provide me with a sense of well being and gratitude. It feels good to get blood pumping again. It feels good to feel again. Sometimes:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home