A Woman on a Mission

This is my refuge, my cathartic release... It's not glitzy or glamorous, but it's ME.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

young and restless

writer's block is driving me crazy. so much is racing through my head but i'm unable to get it out. thoughts come in spurts and there is no fluidity in my ramblings. i'm fidgeting while staring blankly at the screen. i type less than a sentence before i press the delete button. i step away from the computer and ice my neck. i try to make myself eat something. i get in the hot tub, which doesn't feel quite hot enough today. my husband convinces me to brave the cold and accompany him on his thirtieth trip to the home improvment store. i pick out a magazine rack and some candles for my office. the purchase gives me a little feeling of satisfaction. eventually, i find myself back in the same chair staring at the screen, kneading my knuckes into my neck as i always do when it throbs. deciding i can't force what's not coming, i stop trying to write. and hope for a flash of brilliance.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM , Blogger H said...

Alli, we need an update up here. We are following you and cheering for you. Kick the restless out, keep the young and get you little digits flying over your little keyboard. So excited that you have found a friend you can relate to that is close enough to giggle over coffee with. Hang in there girly!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home